Everyone wants to enjoy going to work in the morning. This is a basic human need, and if you aren’t providing for that need, chances are you aren’t attracting the best of your industry to your organization. To create a place for great employees, you must align your organization with these principles. In order to create a healthy working environment, read these five standards to first, apply to yourself and second, add to your organization.
This universal fact remains for nearly every industry, business and organization, we all want to find meaning in the work we do, some more than others. Most of the best employees are motivated to serve and will seek out employers that create a place for them to both find meaning and create value.
I hope you are able to apply these five tips below. Leave a comment below of your thoughts.
5 practices to attract good people
You are who you spend time with. We’ve all heard this line – or something similar to it – and it’s true. When we surround ourselves with positive, good people, we are much more likely to do good things.
Rhett Power, head coach of Power Coaching and Consulting, lists five ways to attract “amazing people” into our lives. His list includes:
- Be that person. If you want amazing people in your life, then be amazing yourself.
- Speak it. “Speak what you want,” Power writes.
- Make the connection. Be interested in others. Ask questions and listen to the answers.
- Add value. Make sure the amazing people in your life know that they are appreciated.
- Communicate your vision. We all like to be around people who are successful and know what they want.
Power writes that if you put these five practices into place people will want to be a part of the action. As a leader, these five practices will only enhance our skills and abilities as we learn from those who are likeminded and working towards the same goals.